Saturday, September 17, 2011

Paris Hilton Recalls Her Great Escape On 'When I Was 17'

The hotel heiress had to sneak out of the Waldorf-Astoria to elude curfew.
By Sara Waber


Photo: MTV

Like many teenagers, Paris Hilton felt like "nothing in this world" could stop her rebellious 17-year-old self from having a good time. In this week's episode of MTV's "When I Was 17," airing this Saturday at 11 a.m. ET/PT, the hotel heiress recalls the lengths to which she went to get out of curfew.

"When I was 17, I was living in New York City at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel," she explained. "My parents were very strict. So a lot of the times, what I would do is actually sneak out at night."

Usually when sneaking out, all most kids have to worry about is successfully climbing out of their bedroom window, but Paris had to have a very different escape plan. The young socialite wasn't too worried about dodging paparazzi just yet but keeping herself out of a different lens' view.

"So basically one day I went through the whole hotel and figured out the best route where the [security] cameras wouldn't spot me," she said. "I would literally run down, maybe, fifteen flights of stairs, through the fire exit."

Her friend Allison told the show about the second part of Hilton's deception: "She would put pillows in her bed and cover them with her comforter."

Paris added, "And then I'd put a blonde wig, with the hair coming out. This actually worked for a few months. My mom had no idea. Then one night for some reason she needed to talk to me and came in the room and lifted [the comforter] up and ..." Busted!

Paris may have once sang that "the stars are blind," but Mama Hilton certainly wasn't.

"When I Was 17" — this week featuring Paris Hilton, Steve-O and Miguel — airs on Saturday at 11 a.m ET/PT on MTV.

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1670873/paris-hilton-when-i-was-17.jhtml

Lisa Marie Lisa Snowdon Liz Phair Lokelani McMichael Lori Heuring Lorri Bagley

No comments:

Post a Comment