Saturday, September 24, 2011

Beyonce Says Shopping For Maternity Clothes 'So Much Fun'

B dishes on dressing for her expanding baby bump after unveiling latest House of Deréon line.
By Jocelyn Vena


Beyoncé
Photo: MTV

Beyoncé hit up London Fashion Week this past weekend to launch the latest House of Deréon line. The line was described as "global nomad," and according to B, anyone — even pregnant ladies like herself — can wear the clothes.

"What I'm wearing today is part of the collection and it's not supposed to be, but it actually is really good for ... maternity," the singer, dressed in a sparkly black pantsuit, told CNN.

B explained that she and her mom, Tina Knowles, started working on the line at least six months before her pregnancy, so they hadn't planned maternity clothes specifically. "But we do have some things that I am still trying to rock," she admitted.

"Actually, I am having so much fun, it has been the most fun time now that [my pregnancy] has been announced and I don't have to, you know, it was really difficult to conceal," she continued. "But now that I can be proud and excited about it, I'm having so much fun shopping. It's great."

Beyoncé has always been a trendsetter in the world of fashion, and that isn't going to change just because she's going to be a mom. "I just feel like it is often within," she said. "My mother has always told me that beauty comes from within and what's exciting about being a woman is you can say, 'Today ... I feel really conservative, today I'm feeling classy. Today, I am going on a date and I want to just be a showstopper.' And you know there is this variety of beautiful clothes that can bring out whatever you feel inside," she added. "But it comes from here and you should wear your clothes, they shouldn't wear you."

The singer also shared that she isn't sure whether to buy pink or blue clothes as she doesn't know the baby's gender yet. Her mom, however, is just happy about the news. "I am so delighted. I'm over the moon," she gushed.

Related Photos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1671035/beyonce-maternity-clothes.jhtml

January Jones Jennie Finch Jennifer Aniston Jennifer Gareis Jennifer Garner Jennifer Gimenez

No comments:

Post a Comment