Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sarah Jessica Parker: Part-Time Stay-At-Home Mom

sjpmovie1_wide.jpg
There?s no question that Sarah Jessica Parker relates to the harried working mom she plays in her new movie, I Don?t Know How She Does It. As she admitted to In Touch at the film?s New York City premiere, ?I fall short every day.?

But that doesn?t mean that the 46-year-old actress isn?t an excellent mother to her three children. ?I think my curiosity [makes me a great mom], and it?s something that I hope to pass along to my son and my daughters,? she explains. ?I approach every day as a fresh start with enormous possibilities, and I muddle through it. You?ve got to have some promise and a little optimism, even if there are things on the list that get chucked!?

Another of SJP?s unique parenting tips? ?The 4 Bs,? she says. ?Bath, book, bottle, bed. My mom taught me that years and years ago when my son [James Wilkie, 8] was born. However, when asked what else she?s learned about balancing work and children, she says, ?One thing is that I now know how much time it takes to get the kids out in the morning? but I still do it at the last minute! So there you go, I?ve learned nothing.?

It?s enough to make one wonder whether the successful star ever thinks of chucking it all ? at least until her 2-year-old twins are ready for kindergarten ? but she says she?s already sampling the stay-at-home mom lifestyle. ?I?m at home for a lot of the year,? she explains. ?I?m not always shooting movies. And I want to make sure people know, stay-at-home moms are working harder than a lot of us can comprehend. It?s not easier at home!?

As her husband, Matthew Broderick, tells In Touch, ?You just do the best you can.?

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/InTouchWeekly/~3/OLTh6MG1Cm8/sarah_jessica_parker_parttime.php

Jill Wagner Joanna Krupa Joanne Montanez Jodi Lyn OKeefe Jolene Blalock Jordana Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment