Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Adele Hints At Recording James Bond Theme

British songstress talks of 007 and her nervous habit of vomiting before shows in recent interviews.
By James Montgomery


Adele
Photo: Andreas Rentz/ Getty Images

One week after she wowed the VMA audience with her somber, sonorous performance of "Someone Like You," Adele is making headlines for far less glamorous reasons thanks to an interview in October's U.K. Vogue.

In her cover story, Adele talks about battling stage-fright — saying she always "freaks out" before a performance — and added that, on a few occasions, those jitters have manifested themselves in more palpable (and sort of gross) ways.

"One show in Amsterdam, I was so nervous I escaped out the fire exit," she told the magazine. "I've thrown up a couple of times. Once in Brussels, I projectile vomited on someone. I just gotta bear it. But I don't like touring. I have anxiety attacks a lot.

"I puke quite a lot before going on stage. Though never actually on stage," she added. "But then, I sh-- myself before everything ... the bigger the freak-out, the more I enjoy the show."

Of course, reverse peristalsis isn't the only reason Adele's been in the headlines recently. Over the weekend, she also appeared on the U.K.'s "The Jonathan Ross Show," where she stoked rumors that she was in line to record the theme for the next installment of the James Bond series, set to hit theaters next year.

"I'm going back in the studio in November, fingers crossed," Adele said.

When asked by Ross what she'd be recording, she responded:

"Well, this is actually a theme, what I've got to do. Wow, that's really giving something away!"

When Ross began humming the iconic Bond theme, Adele blushed and covered her mouth with her hand, before saying, "No, it's a concept."

A spokesperson for chart-dominating Brit's label could not be reached for comment about the 007 rumors by press time. Adele will return to the states in October for a run of shows added after she scrapped her North American tour due to a bout with laryngitis.

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1670246/adele-james-bond-theme.jhtml

Nikki Cox Nikki Reed Norah Jones Noureen DeWulf Olivia Munn Olivia Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment