Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beyonce Reveals 4 Album Track List

Pop powerhouse begins revealing one song title an hour from the 12-song disc via Facebook.
By James Dinh


Beyonce's <i>4</i>
Photo: Columbia

After two showstopping performances of her song "Run the World (Girls)" earlier this week, Beyoncé knows how to keep the anticipation surrounding her new album, 4, high. On Wednesday morning (May 25), the superstar singer began to unveil the track list for the new LP via Facebook in a title-by-title hourly countdown.

Rounding out the 12-song album is B's lead single off the project, the Major Lazer-sampled tune "Run the World (Girls)." And Team Beyoncé was glad to know the track was still included in the set. "I love it. It's not usual Beyoncé but that's what makes her HOTT!" LaTisha Davis wrote. "B, you can make ANYTHING a hit! Loooove the track! Much respect Beyoncé! U KILLED it @ the Billboard Awards. Love u!!!"

Additional tunes on the album include "I Was Here," "End of Time" and "Countdown."

Fans likely already got a preview of the "End of Time" cut when a previously unheard Beyoncé song titled "Till the End of Time" hit the Internet late last week. If the songs match up, it'll satisfy many of the singer's admirers, including fan Kendra Long, who wrote, "I looooooove this song. This may be wrong to say, but I'm glad it leaked!"

King Lds Clandler was happy to hear the drum-heavy tune made the final cut, writing, "I love the song. I had it for a week and listen to it 20 times a day."

As for what else fans can expect from the pop titan's new album, Beyoncé previously stated in a press release that she was inspired by Afrobeat music pioneer Fela Kuti and lots of '90s R&B. "I listened to a lot of Jackson 5 and New Edition, but also Adele, Florence and the Machine, and Prince," she said. "Add in my hip-hop influences, and you can hear how broad it is. I also gave myself more freedom to really belt out some songs and bring soul singing back. I used a lot of the brassiness and grittiness in my voice that people hear in my live performances but not necessarily on my records."

Keeping her promotional bandwagon steady, the singer is reportedly set to perform on the highly anticipated season 10 finale of "American Idol" on Wednesday night (May 25).

What is your favorite song title off Beyonceé's 4 so far? Tell us in the comments.

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1664551/beyonce-4-album.jhtml

Jules Asner Julia Stiles Julianne Hough Julie Benz Julie Berry K. D. Aubert

No comments:

Post a Comment