Thursday, May 26, 2011

Beyonce Does The Math On New '1+1' Track

Singer debuted the dreamy love song from her forthcoming 4 album on Wednesday night's 'American Idol' finale.
By Jocelyn Vena


Beyonce
Photo: Columbia Records

Beyoncé may not know a thing about algebra, but when it comes to the math of power ballads, she totally gets it. On Wednesday night, Beyoncé premiered her new track "1+1" during her performance on "American Idol."

After changing into a gown following her medley performance with former "Idol" contestants, B was up on the stage surrounded by soft red mood lighting and smoke, slowing things down a bit and proclaiming her love for that special someone in song. The lyrics make sweeping statements about the power of her relationship.

She sings, "Hey! I don't know much about guns but I ... I've been shot by you/ Hey! And I don't know when I'm gonna die, but I hope that I'm gonna die by you/ Hey! And I don't know much about fighting, but I, I know I will fight for you/ Hey! Just when I ball up my fist, I realize that I'm laying right next to you."

The song is the second officially released single from her album 4, which hits stores on June 28. On Wednesday, Beyoncé revealed the full track listing for 4.

"1+1" opens the album and is one of 12 songs. The remaining 11 are: "I Care," "I Miss You," "Best Thing I Never Had," "Party" (featuring Andre 3000), "Rather Die Young," "Start Over," "Love on Top," "Countdown," the recently leaked "End of Time," "I Was Here" and the album's lead-off single, "Run the World (Girls)."

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1664631/beyonce-new-track.jhtml

Evangeline Lilly Eve Fergie Foxy Brown Freida Pinto FSU Cowgirls

No comments:

Post a Comment