Friday, July 15, 2011

'Harry Potter' Star Matthew Lewis Recalls Embarrassing Fan Run-In

Actor who plays Neville Longbottom describes being caught in 'horrible expression of narcissism.'
By Kara Warner, with reporting by Josh Horowitz


Matthew Lewis at the New York City premiere of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2"
Photo: Getty Images

There is almost an endless list of reasons why the stars of the "Harry Potter" movies are beloved. Having watched them grow up onscreen, portraying our favorite J.K. Rowling-created characters, we here at MTV News, as well as the millions of Potter fans around the world, feel a special connection to the cast that you don't often experience in films and on TV these days. Not only that, but each and every member of the cast has a reputation for being just as delightful offscreen as they are on. There are no big egos or tyrants in the bunch; they are humble, grateful young adults.

Except when it comes to causing scenes in Times Square, that is. When MTV News caught up with rising star Matthew Lewis (a.k.a. Neville Longbottom) at the New York premiere of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" earlier this week, he told us about an embarrassing moment he endured during a recent run-in with a fan.

"I had a terribly embarrassing moment in New York City," Lewis said. "I was in Times Square with my friend Nick, and there was a big 'Harry Potter' poster in Times Square," he explained. "I was pointing out where I was on the poster. I said, 'I'm just there next to Emma [Watson],' and as I started pointing at the poster somebody tapped me on the shoulder and said, 'Excuse me, are you Matthew Lewis?'

"And it was just this horrible expression of narcissism in the world," Lewis continued with renewed embarrassment. "I'm there in Times Square pointing at myself going, 'Hey, that's me.' It was awful. But she was lovely. We have the best fans in the world."

Check out everything we've got on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2."

For young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates around the clock, visit HollywoodCrush.MTV.com.

Related Videos Related Photos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1667301/matthew-lewis-harry-potter-deathly-hallows-part-2.jhtml

Ana Paula Lemes Ananda Lewis Angela Marcello Angelina Jolie Anna Faris Anna Friel

No comments:

Post a Comment