Friday, April 29, 2011

Chiddy Bang MC 'Pacing' Himself During O Music Awards' Record Attempt

'It's a marathon, not a race,' Chiddy tells MTV News before gunning for 'Longest Freestyle Rap' record.
By Rob Markman, with reporting by Gabi Gregg


Chidera "Chiddy" Anamege
Photo: MTV News

Chidera "Chiddy" Anamege has already started his journey to world rap supremacy. While crews are setting up for MTV's first digital awards show, the O Music Awards, Chiddy has already begun his proposed-nine hour and 15-minute freestyle, which he hopes will earn him the Guinness World Records title for "Longest Rap Freestyle."

The Philadelphia MC, who is one-half of the rap group Chiddy Bang, is already hours into his rap, but we caught up with him 30 minutes before he started.

"I'm feeling pretty excited. I think it's going to be a great moment," said Chiddy, who showed no signs of being nervous.

The young spitter claims to regularly freestyle, and though he's never gone for nine hours straight, he is well-prepared. "I freestyle probably, like, once a day. That's better than a lot of people, if you really think about it; I freestyle once a day for like 30 minutes straight," Chiddy claimed. "I never put myself to this maximum test, but it's very exciting for me, and once this all done, it'll be like, 'Wow I didn't know I could go that long.' "

To prepare himself, Chiddy ate a hearty breakfast and has been listening to Lil Wayne to get inspired, but when it came time to start the freestyle, Chiddy planned to calm himself down. "It's a marathon, not a race. It's all about pacing yourself," he said. "I tend to be very, very hype when I rap. This time, I realize I'm gonna rap for like nine hours, so I'm not gonna come out of the gate hyped.

"I'm just gonna pace myself and ride that thing out, ride it till the wheels fall off."

You can watch Chiddy attempt to break the Guinness World Records title on OMusicAwards.com, and fans can also help the rapper come up with rhyme concepts on Twitter by using the hashtag #RapWorldRecord.

The inaugural O Music Awards will stream live from Las Vegas tonight at 11 p.m. ET/ 8 p.m. PT on OMusicAwards.com. Tune in to see who will reign supreme in categories like Most Viral Dance, Funniest Music Short and NSFW Music Video!

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1662922/chiddy-bang-longest-freestyle-rap-o-music-awards.jhtml

Scarlett Johansson Selita Ebanks Shakara Ledard Shakira Shana Hiatt Shania Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment