Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Joe Jonas Is Perfecting His Dance Moves For Fast Life

The JoBro says he's been working for over a year on a stage act to match his dance-heavy solo album.
By Christina Garibaldi


Joe Jonas
Photo: MTV News

Joe Jonas is gearing up for a very busy fall: He's heading out on the road with Jay Sean for a 19-city tour; his first solo album, Fast Life, hits stores October 11, and then he'll jet off with Britney Spears for the European leg of her Femme Fatale Tour. Though his single, "See No More," has been out for months, and he's been performing all over the place lately, there's still a chance this Jonas brother's new sound might surprise his longtime fans.

"The biggest difference is a little bit more urban and dance electronic stuff," Jonas told MTV News at the mtvU VMA Concert to Benefit Lifebeat - Music Fights HIV. "I've been influenced by a lot of different artists throughout my life and this is my opportunity to kind of show the world a little bit more about what I like writing and what I like coming up with musically."

If he's delivering that kind of sound, fans will probably expect him to show off his dance moves onstage, and Jonas says he's been working to perfect them for quite some time.

"It was a little bit difficult in the beginning to feel comfortable with it," Jonas said of learning his dance steps. " I've been rehearsing for a little over a year with Marty, who's a choreographer I work with, and he's made me feel a lot more comfortable onstage, a lot more comfortable in my own skin, which made the whole process 100 percent better."

Just last week, Jonas unveiled Fast Life's album cover, which he said is the perfect representation of the upcoming release.

"We had a couple of photo shoots trying to decide which direction we wanted to go in," Jonas said of the album cover. "And just kind of came together with having a really cool background and explaining Fast Life."

So what do those words mean for Jonas?

"I think my life has been so crazy busy for the past year and a half, and I kind of wanted to show people a little bit more of what my life is about, bring them into it a little bit more, so that's been a fun experience." Jonas said.

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1670049/joe-jonas-fast-life-album.jhtml

Magdalena WrÛbel Maggie Grace Maggie Gyllenhaal Majandra Delfino Malia Jones Malin Akerman

No comments:

Post a Comment