Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Angelina Jolie Nixes "Secret Wedding" & Adoption Rumors

Angelina Jolie Nixes "Secret Wedding" & Adoption Rumors

Angelina Jolie is used to dealing with rumors about her personal life, but she's decided to clear up one or two especially nagging points. For starters, Jolie tells the October issue of Vanity Fair there will be "no secret wedding" with longtime partner Brad Pitt, despite the proliferation of rumors to the contrary. What's more, Jolie insists she isn't pregnant, nor is she currently looking to adopt another child into the adorable bug-eating Pitt-Jolie brood.

"I'm not pregnant. I'm not adopting at the moment," the 36-year-old actress says, matter-of-factly. Pitt and Jolie have six children at the moment, 9-year-old Cambodian native Maddox, 7-year-old Pax (from Vietnam), Ethiopian Zahara, 6, and biological children Shiloh, 5, and twins, Knox and Vivienne, 3. With two burgeoning careers (despite their joint promise to make fewer movies), Pitt and Jolie obviously have their hands full.

That's escpecially true now that Jolie has made the leap from actress to writer and director: Her first feature, In the Land of Blood and Honey, is due out in theatres in December. Of writing the script for the film, which is a love story set against the backdrop of the 1990s war in Bosnia, Jolie tells Vanity Fair: "I've never felt more exposed. My whole career, I’ve hidden behind other people’s words. Now it’s me talking. You feel ridiculous when you get something wrong.”

It was on a rare break from mothering that Jolie came to write the script." I had the flu. I had to be quarantined from the children for two days," she says. "I was in the attic of a house in France. I was isolated, pacing. I don’t watch TV and I wasn’t reading anything. So I started writing. I went from the beginning to the end. I didn't know any other way." She gave it to Pitt to read, and his response was, "You know, honey, it's not that bad."

And she credits Pitt with helping her throughout the process -- from rewriting various drafts of the script to directing her first feature. "He'd come in and say what he liked or what he didn't understand," she says. "Like any woman, I would listen to most of it and fight a few things. He's been so supportive."

Pitt, however, did have some concern about what directing a movie might do to Jolie's attitude as an actress. "Brad thinks I'm going to be a nightmare," Jolie jokes. "I had such a good experience he thinks I'm going to be impatient with directors, which I already am."

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/angelina-jolie-nixes-secret-wedding-adoption-rumors/1-a-377710

Kelly Carlson Kelly Clarkson Kelly Hu Kelly Monaco Kelly Ripa Kelly Rowland

No comments:

Post a Comment