Saturday, February 19, 2011

Patrick Stump Recalls Giving Himself Bad Haircuts On 'When I Was 17'

'It did not look cool, but I was so convinced that it was,' Stump says on Saturday's episode.
By James Dinh


Patrick Stump appears on the upcoming episode of "When I Was 17"
Photo: MTV News

Patrick Stump may be rocking a head full of spiky hair nowadays, but just a few years before the Fall Out Boy alum made it big, he had a different sort of look. On the latest episode of MTV's "When I Was 17," the singer/songwriter reminiscences about his teenage years when he used to be his own barber.

"When I was 17, I cut my own hair and always did a botched job on it," Stump admits without any hesitation on the upcoming episode, which airs Saturday at 11 a.m. ET on MTV. "It was terrible. It did not look cool at all, but I was so convinced that it was."

And how exactly does one mess up a buzz cut? Patrick said it's all about angles. "I would take the barber clippers and buzz my head, and straight on it would look fine, but you would always miss these hairs around your ears," he explained.

And it wasn't subtle mistakes, either. "So it was just kind of these long strands right over here. It was a weird look," childhood friend Pete said.

Stump explained that his haircut imperfections had the soon-to-be singer donning a rather interesting look. "So every so often they'd flop over and I'd have this weird, like, owl thing going on," he said. "It was horrible. The haircut thing was not the best idea, probably."

In addition to Stump, this week's episode of "When I Was 17" also features "Jersey Shore" newcomer Deena Nicole Cortese, who opened up about her dirty-dancing antics as a teen. "I remember making up this crazy dance move, like sexy moves, you know, like shaking your butt," she admits. "Everybody was sitting there like, 'Oh my God, where did that come from?' "

"When I Was 17" — this week featuring Deena Cortese and Patrick Stump — premieres Saturday at 11 a.m. ET on MTV.

Related Videos Related Photos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1658352/patrick-stump-when-i-was-17.jhtml

Catherine Bell Chandra West Charisma Carpenter Charli Baltimore Charlies Angels Charlize Theron

No comments:

Post a Comment