Saturday, February 19, 2011

"Best Man" Director Malcolm Lee Has Words For Tyler Perry...

Director beef!  Just like his outspoken cousin, Spike, Director of Best Man, Malcolm Lee, has some unabashed words for fellow director Tyler Perry.

 

Read on for what the latest critic has to say about Mr. Perry's work and how unimpressed they are with it...

After the big 12 year reunion partywith the cast and director of the Best Man hit the net recently, sequel talks spurred and director Malcolm Lee has been pretty chatty with the media.

So at Broadway Night Out’s “The Filmmakers View” in Manhattan this week, BET's Clay Cane caught up with Mr. Lee.  And, of course, Malcolm was asked how he felt about the Tyler Perry "Madea" effect on the box office and him building an empire?  His answer:

“Tyler Perry is a very shrewd businessman. This dude has built an empire off of what he does and people support him.” He continued: “I have to admit, I enjoy some Madea. Madea’s funny to me. All the other stuff and the morality tales, I could do without. Just bring me more Madea!”

When talking about the merit of Perry’s work, just like his famous cousin, Lee didn’t hold back. “It’s not as terrible as people say it is, but it’s not as good as the box office numbers are. Just because something makes money doesn’t mean it’s good, it’s just popular, it taps into something people respond to. I don’t do what he does.” He continued: “He’s not interested in art, he’s interested in turning out a product. There is value in that, building up a studio and being independent. I wish he would get better as the movies go on. Maybe he will, I don’t know, but I don’t think that is his focus right now.” 

I say they jello-fight it out and get it over with....

Source

Source: http://theybf.com/2011/02/18/best-man-director-malcolm-lee-has-words-for-tyler-perry

Aisha Tyler Aki Ross Alecia Elliott Alessandra Ambrosio Alexis Bledel Ali Campoverdi

No comments:

Post a Comment