Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Paul Rudd Won't Appear In Jason Segel's 'Muppet' Movie

'I wish that I was. It's all rumor,' star tells MTV News.
By Mawuse Ziegbe, with reporting by Josh Horowitz


Paul Rudd
Photo: MTV News

With Jason Segel helming a spankin' new "Muppet" flick, fans have been buzzing that many of the funnyman's guffaw-inducing pals would show up for the fun. One story that has been making the rounds was that Segel's "I Love You, Man" co-star Paul Rudd was slated to appear as an iPhone-obsessed puppet pal of Segel's character.

However, when MTV News caught up with Rudd recently, the star crushed the collective dreams of Judd Apatow acolytes everywhere, explaining that a cameo alongside Kermit's crew is just not in the cards right now.

"I wish that I was. It's all rumor," Rudd confided at the Gotham Awards last week. "I wanted to be in it, and I talked to Jason but I think there was some things that happened and I don't know if I'm gonna get to do it."

As many would be, he's totally torn up about missing out on the Muppet-fest.

"It blows actually," he pouted playfully. "It really sucks."

Up next, fans can catch Rudd alongside Jennifer Aniston as a broke couple that decide to take up residence at a commune in the Apatow-helmed "Wanderlust." But after that, Rudd quipped that he wanted another crack at the Muppet franchise, and even came up with a few inspired titles for a sequel to Segel's project.

"I'm hoping for the 'Muppet Movie 2.' I'm playing Charles Grodin in 'Muppet 2: Electric Waterloo?' Beaker-loo?" he joked, before offering a truly game-changing suggestion: "Muppet Movie 2: The Muppets Are Still Taking Manhattan."

Even with Rudd officially out the mix, the confirmed lineup of guest stars should pack the film with plenty of laughs. Jack Black, Zach Galifianakis, Billy Crystal and Alan Arkin are all slated to appear in the project.

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1653577/20101205/story.jhtml

Jennifer Gimenez Jennifer Love Hewitt Jennifer Morrison Jennifer ODell Jennifer Scholle Jennifer Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment