Monday, July 18, 2011

'Harry Potter' Stars Offer Advice To Younger Selves

'Just enjoy every day of it,' Rupert Grint tells his 12-year-old self.
By Kara Warner, with reporting by Josh Horowitz


Rupert Grint
Photo: MTV News

After eight films, 10 years, millions of fans won over and billions of dollars made, we could talk about the "Harry Potter" films and their famous castmembers forever. Their incredible evolution from kids to young adults, the number of esteemed adult British actors who made appearances in the films over the years, the undying love from a dedicated and loyal fanbase and so on.

When MTV News sat down with Rupert Grint and Tom Felton recently, we asked them if, when looking back at the incredible journey they've been on for so long, they have any advice they would offer their young selves when they first joined the cast in 2000.

"I should have a witty answer prepared, but I don't," Felton admitted. "I guess I'd just say, 'Enjoy it and try to take in as much as you can.' There's nothing I'd change, to be honest with you.

"I've had a good time over the years," Felton added. "I wouldn't change a day of it. [I'd] just take a bit more in. When you're 12 or 13, you don't care about anything. You just want to go home and play PlayStation, so there are definitely some memories I wished I'd taken in."

Grint echoed Felton's sentiments: "Yeah, [I'd tell myself to] enjoy it," he said. "I would never imagine 10 years from then we would be talking about the eighth film. I didn't even see past two, really. It's just been this gradual thing. Yeah, just enjoy every day of it."

Check out everything we've got on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2."

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.

Related Videos Related Photos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1667309/harry-potter-rupert-grint-tom-felton.jhtml

Ivanka Trump Izabella Miko Izabella Scorupco Jaime King Jaime Pressly Jamie Chung

No comments:

Post a Comment